Levitra Side Effects
The action of the drug Levitra is aimed at maintaining sexual function in men. The instructions for use describe in detail the indications for use, composition, as well as contraindications and side effects, which are described in detail below. Before taking Levitra, you must carefully read the instructions.
Contraindications of Levitra:
- Hypersensitivity, intolerance or allergies to any component of the medicine.
- It’s forbidden in combination with nitrates or drugs that contribute to the production of nitric oxide.
- Simultaneous use with drugs aimed at suppressing the reproduction of the HIV virus is not recommended.
- The remedy is not intended for women and children under 16 years old.
The drug should be used with special care in the following cases:
- Anatomical deformation of the penis.
- Diseases leading to a prolonged erection, not associated with sexual arousal, namely myeloma, leukocytic sarcoma.
- Liver disease. At light liver dysfunctions the dosage specified in the instructions doesn’t change. In case of severe disorders, you should start taking the medicine with a reduced dose. In such cases, Levitra can be taken only under the condition of normal tolerance of the drug.
- Diseases of the genitourinary system, in particular the kidneys. Adjustment of the daily rate is not required.
- Hypotension when the pressure drops below 90 mm of mercury.
- After a stroke, heart attack, as well as other ischemic heart diseases.
- Levitra shouldn’t be used before driving and working with mechanisms, since the effect of the drug has not been fully studied.
Side effects of Levitra are quite rare. When they occur, they are endured easily and pass quickly.
In most cases, side effects of this medicine appear in following cases:
- Dysfunctions of the organs of the central and peripheral nervous system, which are manifested in incontinuous and light headaches, dizziness, drowsiness, anxiety. In rare cases, fainting is possible.
- Dysfunctions of the organs of the cardiovascular system. Most often there is reddening of the face and feeling of heat. Rarely low or high blood pressure, including postural changes and other heart diseases.
- Dysfunction of the gastrointestinal tract. Manifested by nausea and digestive disorders.
- Dysfunction of the respiratory organs: edema of the mucous membranes of the upper respiratory tract, rhinitis, shortness of breath, nosebleeds.
- Dysfunctions of the organs of vision. Manifested in increased tearing, impaired vision, as well as increased intraocular pressure.
- Swelling of the face and increased irritability to light.
- Dysfunction of the musculoskeletal system: back pain and increased muscle tone, even at rest.
- On the part of the reproductive organs: prolonged or painful erection, also without sexual arousal.