What are the symptoms of high cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a substance (fat) which is most often generated in the liver, it has huge value for stable and good functioning of the entire organism. This substance is available in each cell of our body (in its external layer), plays different roles and has many values. This word can be translated from Greek as “bile” and “rigid”.
If you have high cholesterin, then you can have following problems:
- Risk of atherosclerosis, an arterial thrombosis.
- Big risk of developing of a coronary disease which damages arteries delivering oxygen and blood to the heart.
- Risk of developing of a myocardial infarction which interferes blood and oxygen circulation in cardiac muscles because of blood clots.
- Developing of other heart and vascular diseases, such as coronary heart disease, stroke
Most important thing is to diagnose high cholesterol in time and take measures for its normalization. For this purpose it's important to be able to distinguish symptoms of this illness, however they don't exist per se, we can't feel or see them. You can see only symptoms of an already developed disease because of increased cholesterin level, for example, atherosclerosis.
Symptoms and signs of high cholesterol
Here are examples of symptoms of this disease:
- Stenocardia because of coronaria narrowing.
- Leg pains at physical activities.
- Blood clots and ruptures of blood vessels.
- Rupture of plaques causing heart failure.
- Ksantoma, yellow spots on skin, most often around the eyes.
High cholesterin: reasons
This substance can raise for various reasons, and it's not always patient's fault. Let's consider the most frequent of them:
- Most often reason is the way of life of the patient.
- Incorrect diet. Even in spite of the fact that there is a list of the products which already contain a lot of cholesterine they dont's cause the disease. The reason are products containing a lot of fat, for example fat meat, sausages, flour products, confectionery, bacon, hard cheese and many others.
- If you have an inactive life, then you have more chances to catch this disease.
- Excess weight is already a big risk for emergence of high cholesterine.
- If you smoke, then it can affect the level of this substance too.
- The same concerns also alcohol – regular consumption of alcohol drinks leads to increase of cholesterin level in blood.Now you see, that the level of this substance is very important for your organism, however its rises and falls can lead to development of many serious (including incurable) diseases. Liver and kidneys diseases, increased pressure and reduced functions of the thyroid gland are curable. Besides these diseases an lead to an increase of holesterol therefore you have to consult periodically your doctor as you are in a risk group.