What essential oils are good for allergies?
The trees open anthers in the flowering season. People with allergies start to experience discomfort: sneezing, rashes, coughing, tears, snot, itching, trouble breathing and etc. These symptoms are the reaction of the immune system to an allergen. The doctor selects new antihistamines every year and corrects the treatment. So you must observe all the prescriptions of the doctor.
Essential oils help to alleviate the condition. The effectiveness of essential oils for allergies is due to their properties: antibacterial, antiviral action, antifungal action and etc. Essential oils act gently unlike drugs. They do not cause the following side effects:
- drug tolerance and drug addiction;
- weight gain and others.
Essential oils have a general tonic action, expectorative action, anti-inflammatory effect and correct emotions.
Below are 7 top e-mail oils for allergies
- Essential oil Lemon. It cleanses the body, makes breathing easier and enhances mood.
- Essential oil Mentha piperita. It makes breathing easier, stops you feeling pain, stops an attack of a disease (fit of coughing) and has toning effect.
- Essential oil Lavandula. It relaxes the body, relieves pain and eases breathing.
- Essential oil Eucalyptus. It has anti-inflammatory and analgize effects, eases breathing, helps to stop coughing and running nose.
- Essential oil Anthemis nobilis. It relaxes the body, stops you feeling pain and itch.
- Essential oil Boswellia carteri. It supports the body on cellular level.
- Soothing mix: Laurus, Tea Tree, Lemon, Cardamom, Ravensara aromatic. It cleans and soothes respiratory tract, strengthens the general condition of the respiratory system, relieves nasal congestion, improves labored breathing, helps with coughing, promotes clean and even breathing.
You can also use the following mix: tea tree, cardamom, cypress, oregano, basil, thyme.
For allergies the following rules must be observed:
- When you come home from the street you must change your clothes. You can bring pollen on clothes into the house.
- Be sure to use filters and sinks to clean the air.
- It is easier to walk after a rain.
- You must follow a diet (be careful with honey, nuts, strawberries, cocoa, coffee, sunflower seeds, halva and etc.). The doctor will explain in more detail depending on the allergy to flowering of meadow, weeds, birch, alder, etc.
Below are the methods of oil use:
- inhalation: 1-2 drops (essential oils in mix or one oil) per liter of water (for classical inhalation under a towel).
- bath: dilution in 5 ml of polysorbate 7-10 drops (essential oils in total or one oil), then pour the mixture under a stream of water.
- massage: 2 drops (essential oils in total or one oil) for every 5 ml of base oil.
You should take precautions if you use any of these oils. You should definitely test the oil before use on a small area of the body. Only high-quality oils are suitable for therapeutic action!
The use of oils requires extreme caution with the elderly, children, pregnant women and people suffering from hypotension and hypertension.