What is the best medicine for skin fungal infection?
Various mycoses are a widespread problem all over the world: every second patient is diagnosed with skin fungus. Such a disease can occur in any part of the body, it is difficult to treat and it is accompanied by unpleasant symptoms.
When derma is affected by mycosis it is necessary to seek doctor’s advice as quick as possible, otherwise it will be very difficult to eliminate the consequences. The physician will be able to appoint appropriate treatment course against the skin fungus. Initially they start with traditional medicine, as they more effective against this disease, resulting in fast elimination of unpleasant symptoms and destroying the site of infection.
Today they usually use the following medications for skin mycosis treatment:
- Ointments, and creams. Those help to eliminate fungal spores in the initial stages of development of the skin mycosis. At the same time such local agents are not effective enough in case of advanced disease.
- Spray. Aerosols are well used to relieve pathology symptoms and are very convenient when used outdoors. That is why they are usually taken to office in order to be able to continue therapy.
- Immunostimulating agents. Since suppressed immunity is often the cause of fungi infection, an important therapeutic measure is the restoration of the body protective properties.
- Antifungal tablets / capsules of a wide spectrum of action. They destroy the infection from the inside and help to cope even with the most advanced cases of skin mycosis. Before starting treatment of the fungal infection, it is necessary to determine the type of pathogen.
As soon as the infection type is determined (yeast, yeast-like, candida, etc.), the doctor prescribes the patient appropriate medications. Only regular use of antimycotic drugs for a long time will help to get rid of the fungus (usually, the therapy takes 5-8 months). In order to maximize the effectiveness of treatment against pathogenic fungal spores, which spread throughout the human body, it is necessary to use tablets.
To get rid of mycosis of the legs, hands, back, neck, chest the following medications are really helpful:
- Lamisyl. It is required 2 months course treatment in order to achieve a therapeutic effect. It can be used in children of 2 years.
- Nizoral. The active substance – ketoconazole – has a mycostatic and fungicidal action. The drug is effective against any type of fungi.
- Fluconazole. It is cheap antimycotic antifungal agent. It is effective even in case of advanced forms of onychomycosis and various types of lichen.
- Terbinafine. It is a systemic agent, which used for treatment microsporia, trichophytosis, gross lesions with mycosis over the body and extremities.