How does Weight Watchers work?
The Weight Watchers movement originated in 1963 in the USA. Today Weight Watchers is an international corporation which has branches in 31 states. If we did not like to eat tight and tasty, then among us there would not be overweight people. If during the slimming process we eat only what we don’t like, there will be no result. Therefore, those who choose fasting products need to eat tasty, often and in relatively large quantities in order to maintain stability in the process of weight loss. It is the WW program that gives you the opportunity to learn how to choose new, more fasting products. If we eat the same as before, but in minimal portions, then in the course of this process we will learn nothing new.
The program teaches a balanced and correct diet. This is not a diet – it is a way of life!
The WW program is based on four cornerstones:
- Balanced food choices. You can eat everything, but moderately and the food must be varied. The organism must obtain all the necessary vitamins, minerals and trace elements from food.
- Group support. The art of nutrition should be learned as well as other arts. Usually it is difficult to cope with the implementation of all the good advice alone.
- Self-development and self-knowledge. In groups the Weight Watchers are taught to recognize their weaknesses and overcome them.
- Movement. Any exercise is helpful. Everyone chooses whether to climb stairs, walk, or practice any kind of sport.
Getting slim Formula
- Fruits and vegetables – at least 5 servings per day: 200 g of fruit and 300 g of vegetables. It is recommended to consume at least 400 grams of vegetables per day and 300 grams of fruit.
- Drink at least 1.5 – 2 liters of water per day: 8 glasses, of which 4 must be just water.In the case of heat, physical work, temperature, vomiting, or stomach upset, the need for fluid increases, then you should drink more.
- Fats – make the right choice: Consume at least 2 times a day vegetable oil: vegetable oil and nuts in a salad, olive oil for frying and high-quality margarine for sandwiches.
- 2 servings of milk will provide calcium to your bones and teeth. To meet the need for calcium, adults should eat calcium-rich foods in these volumes at least 2 times a day, and adolescents at least 3 times a day.
- The variety in the menu will provide you with all the necessary nutrients.
- Increase your calorie intake and speed up your metabolic process with greater physical activity.
Sports activities bring bonus points. If desired, you can use them to either accelerate weight loss or allow yourself to enjoy extra food. But still not worth the extra food to spend more than 12 points a week.
It is recommended to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. If desired, a light snack can be made between main meals. Ideal foods for snacking: vegetables, fruits or yogurt.