How long does it take to lower cholesterol?
Cholesterol is connected with a lot of controversies. According to American researchers cholesterol is harmful and has to be included into the list of prohibited fats. Other scientists divide this substance into harmful and useful, saying that without the latter the body will not be able to function normally. Such useful cholesterol is contained in oily fish, nuts, in vegetable unrefined oils (olive, soybean, flaxseed, and sesame). It ought to be said that unrefined oils should not be used for frying; they need to be added to salads or ready-made foods.
Reducing cholesterine by 20% will take about 3 months. In this case, you should fully follow the new diet. If in three months of adherence to the correct nutrition regime nothing is changed then you should consult your doctor.
The right diet is about eating the right products, in the correct quantity, and excluding harmful ones. High cholesterine can not only destroy your life but also can result in death. That is why the right diet is the best way to fight it. All you need is to eat certain foods and exclude others. Furthermore, it is necessary to properly cook the dishes. With this diet, you will feel healthier and stronger.
Cholesterol leads to many rather serious diseases of the stomach and intestines. It also may result in hepatosis and pancreatitis, as well as the development of diabetes mellitus. In addition, it has a terrible effect on the heart and blood vessels, which leads to constant pressure surges, heart attack, and even stroke. Moreover, it may lead to atherosclerosis development resulting in walls of blood vessels overlap and a person may die.
Here are some cholesterol control rules.
- Salt intake should be as low as possible, less than 5 grams a day. The salt retains liquid in the body, which is intended to remove both fat and harmful substances after the food breakdown.
- Eating should be fractional, which means that each portion should be small, but such portions should amount to about 4-5 per day.
- Water is needed not only to remove harmful substances but also to saturate the body with oxygen. It has to be remembered that fluid in our body works as an oil machine, only for internal organs.
- The amount of animal fats in one's nutrition has to be as less as possible. It is better to use vegetable fats.
- Also, it is better to decrease the number of eggs in your diet, whether they are chicken or quail.
- Fruits and vegetables should be included in your diet. They help to assimilate the necessary, useful cholesterine but derive the harmful one.
- The consumed foods should contain enough fiber to normalize the bowels.
- Go in for sports and walk more outdoors.
- People over 40 years old in order to control this issue are recommended to do a blood cholesterine test twice a year.